November 11, 2020
We are still learning about how this new virus spreads and the disease it causes.
- the virus causes respiratory disease that can spread from person to person
- most people experience mild flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat and fatigue
- some people experience severe illness and, sadly, a small proportion die
- older people and people with underlying medical conditions seem to be more at risk of severe illness
- vaccine is not available.
Identifiying the symptoms
|Cough||Common (usually dry)||Mild||Common (usually dry)|
|Aches and pains||Sometimes||Common||Sometimes|
|Runny or stuffy nose||Rare||Common||Sometimes|
|Diarrhoea||Rare||No||Sometimes for children|
|Shortness of breath||Sometimes||No||No|