November 11, 2020
Safety in the COVID-19 pandemic
We want everyone we support, our staff and our communities to stay safe against COVID-19. We are following the government rules everywhere we provide services.
Lifestyle Solutions encourages all people we support and team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19 if they have given informed consent for vaccination. Informed consent for people we support includes receiving medical advice.
Vaccination is for each person’s own safety and the safety of others. It’s an important part of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and limiting negative impacts, such as hospitalisation.
What is Lifestyle Solutions doing?
- providing information to the people we support so they can make an informed decision about vaccination
- working with the people we support, guardians and persons responsible on informed consent for vaccination
- working closely with government departments and healthcare providers to support the national rollout to people in the 1a and 1b cohorts for vaccination
- supporting team members with information about the national roll out
We have been keeping people safe by:
- securing a stock and supply of masks, hand sanitiser and other personal protective equipment
- securing grocery supply lines to support our residential services
- developing information to communicate about COVID-19 with people we support, including in easy read format
- creating areas on our website and intranet with information and resources
- having an ongoing working group focused on the pandemic
- keeping staff updated through webinars, email and text alerts on emerging situations
- developing risk management plans and responses for individuals at high risk, services and the organisation
- creating work and hygiene protocols, checklists and guides to keep people safe
- monitoring and responding to varying jurisdictional actions in relation to outbreaks
Keep yourself safe
Vaccination supports community safety during the pandemic.
Other ways to keep yourself, your family, our staff and our communities safe include:
- hand washing
- social distancing
- wearing masks
- follow the government rules and encourage the people we support to follow the rules